Whole Grains Stampede Official Sweepstakes Rules
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only (excluding, without limitation, New York, Florida, Rhode Island; Puerto Rico and other U.S. Territories) and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law and American English. You must be the age of majority or older. You are not authorized to enter this sweepstakes if you do not meet these criteria.
ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
1. Sweepstakes Period:
i. Sweepstakes Entry Period runs from 12:01:01 pm, Eastern Time (“ET”), September 1, 2011 (“Sweepstakes-Start”) to 11:59:59 pm, ET, September 30, 2011 ("Sweepstakes-End”).
ii. Random drawing of First Prize and Second Prize winners will be held on Thursday October 6, 2011 at 12:00 noon ET. Winners will be contacted within two business days of the drawing.
Sponsor’s computer clock governs time stamp.
2. Eligibility: You may enter the Sweepstakes if you are a legal U.S. resident of the United States including the District of Columbia (void in New York state, Florida, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and U.S. military installations), and are the age of majority or older in your state of residence at the time of entry. Void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, trustees, directors, agents and representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of household of Oldways Preservation & Exchange Trust, d/b/a Whole Grains Council (“WGC” or “Sponsor) The Quaker Oats Company, and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. In addition, employees and directors of WGC member companies are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
Alternative Entry. If you do not have internet access, you may enter by legibly printing your full name, address, email (if any) and telephone on a piece of paper and sending it to
Whole Grains Stampede
Oldways / Whole Grains Council
266 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02116
Alternative entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and received by 11:59:59 am, ET, October 5, 2011.
4. No Purchase Necessary. No purchase is required in order to participate in this Sweepstakes.
5. Submission Limitations and Rights: By entering this Sweepstakes, you explicitly (i) certify that you meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in these Official Rules; (ii) grant to the Sponsor the right to use and publish the biographical information that you provide (except street address, telephone number, and email address) in all media, including, but not limited to, online displays, television, cable, video productions, wireless applications and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, and for advertising, promotions, other Sweepstakes sponsored by the Sponsor and other purposes, without further consent or compensation, unless you are a resident of Tennessee or otherwise where prohibited by law; (iii) agree that the Sponsor, or those acting on its behalf, may photograph and film you and use such photographs and film for any and/or all advertising, promotional, trade and other purposes and in all media, including, but not limited to, newspapers, magazines, online displays, television, cable, video productions, online access, wireless applications and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, without further consent or compensation, unless you are a resident of the state of Tennessee or otherwise where prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection: The judges will select winners as follows:
• the first 300 entrants will receive a selection of discount product coupons (“Entry Prize”)
• two winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries to receive the First Prize and Second Prize. The first name chosen randomly will receive the First Prize and the second name chosen will receive the Second Prize. The decision of the judges will be final; no entrant will have the right to challenge the verdict and the judges will not engage in any conversation or explanation regarding their decision. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Prizes:
(1) First Prize: A year’s supply of Quaker® products delivered quarterly and $5000 cash towards groceries for the year. ARV: - US$5500. (Prize donated by The Quaker Oats Company.)
Year’s supply of Quaker products delivered quarterly include:
a. 12 boxes of Chewy Granola Bars, each quarter
b. 6 boxes of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, each quarter
c. 3 boxes of Instant Quaker Oatmeal, each quarter
d. 3 boxes of Standard Quaker Oatmeal, each quarter
(1) Second Prize: An iPad 2. ARV: - US$499.
(300) Entry Prize: One or more discount coupons for whole grain products. ARV: under $20.
In all prize awards, the winner will be responsible for all other expenditures not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that the prizes will be awarded “as is” and that the Sweepstakes Entities make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, concerning a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize. All prizes will be awarded if properly claimed according to the Official Rules and if there are sufficient entries.
8. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, Sponsor’s Terms & Conditions and privacy policies and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or garbled entries, for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time or if entry or information is not captured correctly, or for any technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination, network, human error, including errors by Sponsor’s employees/agents in handling information, electronic malfunctions, force majeure or any other problems; and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. Sponsor assumes no liability for damage caused to entrant’s or any other person’s/entity’s computer device, hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computing device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as script, bot, macro or any other similar software or program. All discovered entries made in violation of these Official Rules will be discarded. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate/cancel or modify the entering procedure or disqualify any entrant if, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, it determines that the integrity or fairness of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention (hacking), fraud, technical failures, force majeure or any other cause. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated/cancelled, the Prizes may not be awarded.
9. By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their shareholders, trustees, successors, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all “costs”, which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The First Prize winner will be sent, by email, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (which may include a request for a social security number for tax purposes) and will be required to complete the Affidavit, have it notarized and return it within three (3) business days. Failure to do so may cause the prize to be forfeited and another winner may be chosen at random by the judges. The right to receive the prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, transfer or exchange will be allowed except by Sponsor. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and another random entry will be chosen to receive the prize, providing s/he complies with these Official Rules.
10. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes are winners’ responsibility and a 2011 Form 1099 will be issued to the First Prize winner for the value of the prize.
11. Sweepstakes Entities and all production and hosting agencies shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is conducted in American English.
13. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Suffolk County, Massachusetts, and all entrants agree to Suffolk County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or experts’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
14. For a Winners List — available on or about October 30, 2011 send a hand-printed, self addressed, sufficiently stamped, #10, business envelope to Winner — Whole Grains Stampede, Oldways, 266 Beacon St., Boston MA 02116 USA. Requests must be received by November 15, 2011. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests allowed; only one (1) request per outer mailing envelope.
15. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Oldways Preservation & Exchange Trust, d/b/a Whole Grains Council, 266 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02116. First prize donated by The Quaker Oats Company. Oldways Preservation & Exchange Trust, d/b/a Whole Grains Council is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act agent.