- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Prep time20 minutes
Total time20 minutes
Yield8-10 large chicken fingers
2 pounds (1 kg) skinless chicken tenders or skinless boneless breasts thinly sliced into 1-inch thick strips
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
2 egg whites
1 ½ cups (280g) cooked red or white quinoa
½ cup (25g) whole wheat breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Spread out the quinoa on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the quinoa.
- Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then press into quinoa mixture. Place the chicken onto a plate.
- Warm a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken in batches and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook each side 4-5 minutes, turning once, until the crust begins to brown and the chicken is not longer translucent in the center. Transfer ﬁngers to a plate and serve immediately.
Chef Jennifer Iserloh is founder and president of Skinny Chef Culinary Services, where healthy living means happy living.