Cranberry-Orange Chex® Mix
Give the gift of a homemade snack mix. This one may be the “berry” best you’ll make!
3 cups (90g) Corn Chex® cereal
3 cups (90g) Rice Chex® cereal
3 cups (90g) Wheat Chex® cereal
1 cup (80g) sliced almonds
1/4 cup (55g) butter or trans-fat free margarine, melted
1/4 cup (55g) packed brown sugar
1/4 cup (60 ml) thawed frozen thawed orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup (75g) dried cranberries
1. Heat oven to 300°F (150°F, or gas mark 2). In large bowl, mix cereals and almonds.
2. In microwavable measuring cup, mix butter, brown sugar and juice concentrate. Microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir.
3. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into ungreased large roasting pan.
4. Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Stir in cranberries.
5. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts: Calories - 140, Calories from Fat - 45, Fat - 5g, Saturated Fat - 1.5g, Cholesterol - 5mg, Sodium - 170mg, Carbohydrate - 22g, Fiber - 2g, Sugar - 8g, Protein - 3g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
serving size: 1/2 cup