- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Every September, we celebrate the goodness of whole grains! The annual Whole Grains Month campaign brings whole grain recipes, health information, cooking tips, and much more to people around the world.
Whole Grains Month is a great time for everyone to get on the whole grains bandwagon. Eating better is not an all-or-nothing choice. Every little improvement you make in your food helps—all year long.
A pEEK At Our 2022 Celebration
We will be asking contest participants to complete fun, daily whole grain challenges throughout September. To earn chances to win prizes, participants will be asked to do things like:
- Make a whole grain dinner or treat to share with a neighbor or friend
- Celebrate Taco Tuesday using whole grain tortillas
- Choose a favorite whole grain ingredient to post about on social media
- Donate whole grain product to a local food bank or pantry
- Participate in our Whole Grains Month Photo Contest on social media (#wholegrainsmonth)
- And much more!
Six winners will each recieve a $100 cash prize, a rice cooker donated by USA Rice, and the opportunity to nominate their favorite food-related charity to receive whole grain products from our participating Whole Grains Council member companies.
Weekly Whole Grain Conversations with Experts
Throughout September we’ll be hosting Instagram Live converations with cookbook authors, dietitians, journalists, and others!
- Serena Ball, MS, RD at @tspcurry will talk with us about whole grains’ role in sustainability and the Mediterranean diet on Friday, Sept 9 at 1pm ET.
- Samina Qureshi, RD @antidiet.ibs.dietitian will be joining us talk about whole grains for digestive health on Wednesday, Sept 14 at 2pm ET.
- Alex Aldeborgh, MS, RD at @DaisyBeet will discuss whole grain recipes and tips with us Tuesday, Sept 27 at 2pm ET.
Stay tuned for more details about the other topics we have lined up.
Tune In for our Special Webinars:
Expert Tips for Crave-Worthy Food Photography
We eat with our eyes ﬁrst, so food photos need to be enticing and scroll-stopping with a quick glance in order to break through. In this session, experts will share best practices throughout the entire styling, photographing, and editing process using challenging-to-capture whole grain foods as a case study. Food photographer Kristin Tieg will share tips for food styling, composition and how to use props and lighting to present each dish in its most beautiful form.
Cookbook author and social media expert Sharon Palmer will share her favorite tips, tools, and tricks for photographing food at home, while dining out, or while traveling. Graphic designer Alexis Evangelos will share tips for photo editing, and how the brightness, contrast, shadows, and coloring can be adjusted to optimize each photo using both mobile and desktop tools.
At the end of the session, Caroline Sluyter of the Oldways Whole Grains Council will share how attendees can practice the food photography skills they learned throughout Whole Grains Month in September for a chance to win prizes.
Join us! September 8, 2022 at 2pm ET
The Secret’s Out: Sorghum is the Sustainable Ancient Grain RDs are Buzzing About
With just three crops providing more than 40% of calories eaten worldwide, registered dietitians have a vital role to play in shifting diets towards sustainable, biodiverse options. Whole grain sorghum has twice as much ﬁber as brown rice, thrives in climate-challenged regions, and is a staple of cultural food traditions throughout the African Diaspora, and yet this ancient grain is still underutilized in Western diets. In this session, attendees will learn about the nutritional makeup of whole grain sorghum and how it can be used in simple, delicious meals to help prevent and manage diet-related illness. This session will also explore how the biologic makeup of sorghum can help reduce water losses and provide valuable nutrition in hot, dry climates. Thank you to our friends at the United Sorghum Checkoﬀ Program for sponsoring this session!
Join us! September 21, 2022 at 2pm ET
More Ways to Celebrate
For General Public
Study up with printable resources
Watch videos for inspiration and nutrition information
Learn how to identify whole grain products at the store
Learn the diﬀerences between a whole grain and a reﬁned grain
For WGC Member Companies
For Health Professionals
- Spread the goodness of whole grains on social media with our downloadable graphics
- Share our whole grain resources with your patients
- Earn CPEU credit by watching a recorded webinar about whole grains.
Get the scoop on whole grains. Set up an interview with the Whole Grains Council by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org