Quinoa Crusted Chicken Fingers
Chef Jennifer Iserloh
Chicken fingers are always a huge hit with kids. Grown-ups will love these too because the quinoa coating provides extra nutrition and crunch.
2 pounds (1 kg) skinless chicken tenders or skinless boneless breasts thinly sliced into 1-inch thick strips
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups (280g) cooked red or white quinoa
1/2 cup (25g) whole wheat breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Spread out the quinoa on a piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the quinoa.
2. Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
4. Dip the chicken into the egg and then press into quinoa mixture. Place the chicken onto a plate.
5. Warm a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken in batches and reduce the heat to medium.
6. Cook each side 4-5 minutes, turning once, until the crust begins to brown and the chicken is not longer translucent in the center. Transfer fingers to a plate and serve immediately.
Chef Jennifer Iserloh is founder and president of Skinny Chef Culinary Services, where healthy living means happy living.
makes: 8-10 large chicken fingers