- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Here at the Whole Grains Council, we adore whole grains all year round, and September’s month-long celebration of whole grains is the just the excuse we need to dial things up and have some fun. During Whole Grains Month there’s nothing we love more than watching folks fall head-over-heels for the unrivaled taste and overall goodness of whole grains.
This year, we’re taking grain enthusiasts on a culinary excursion, exploring the traditions, ﬂavors, and ingredients of four beloved regions of the world. For the month of September, we’re inviting you, your friends, and family to sign up and receive special daily emails full of new recipes, whole grain cooking tips, and culinary inspiration gathered from the traditions of the Mediterranean, Asia, Latin America and the African diaspora. Join us as we embark on Whole Grains: the World Tour!
Take Our “GUESS THE GRAINS” QUIZ
What Else can you do to Celebrate?
- Cook something new from our Whole Grains Around the World menu-plan book— Embark on a month-long journey through the whole grain traditions of the Mediterranean, African, Latin, and Asian cuisines. Try over 70 recipes featuring amaranth, oats, teﬀ, wild rice, and more.
- Browse our FREE handouts — From the truth about grain-free and gluten-free diets, to the sustainability beneﬁts of whole grains, to easy whole grain recipes, we have a handout suited for any audience.
- Get whole grain posters, buttons, & stickers — We oﬀer buttons, stickers and posters at cost to commercial ventures – and free to nonproﬁts and educational groups.
- Host your own whole grain trivia contest — This FREE kit comes with downloadable questions and answers, so that you can host your own trivia contest or populate a “spin-the-wheel” quiz
- Lead a whole grain grocery store tour— We’ve created a versatile education program, designed especially for supermarkets and for Whole Grains Month. Available in English and Spanish
- Use our “dozen ways to celebrate” list— Post this list of easy actions on your fridge and try as many as you can this month. This is a fun, simple way to try something new and incorporate more whole grains into your diet.
Previous Whole Grains Month Celebrations (2011 — 2018)
Click here for details on our previous years’ Whole Grains Month celebrations.