- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Here at the Whole Grains Council, we adore whole grains all year round, and September’s month-long celebration of whole grains is the just the excuse we need to dial things up and have some fun. During Whole Grains Month there’s nothing we love more than watching folks fall head-over-heels for the unrivaled taste and overall goodness of whole grains. Thanks for making our 2018 celebration such a success!
How We Celebrated: Whole Grain Deal of the Day
Throughout September, we featured new whole grain “Deal of the Day” oﬀerings from WGC member companies who volunteered to partner with us for Whole Grains Month. Each day we revealed a new discount, coupon, or social media contest featuring deliciously whole grain goodies, and we posted details about how to participate and take advantage of the deal. We connected with many of you through social media (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram) using the #WholeGrainsMonth hashtag.
Thank you for Celebrating Whole Grains Month with us!
2018 Deals of the Day
- 9/1: Lotus Foods Instagram giveaway
- 9/2: 15% oﬀ Whole Grains 101 poster
- 9/3: 15% oﬀ Berlin Natural Bakery whole grain products
- 9/4: 20% oﬀ at Grainful’s online store
- 9/5: Ralston Family Farms Facebook/Instagram giveaway
- 9/6: Mockmill discount and grain kit giveaway
- 9/7: 10% oﬀ Freekehlicious product on Amazon
- 9/8: 15% oﬀ Organicgrains.com whole grain products
- 9/9: Buy our Whole Grains Around the World book, get 20% oﬀ our 12 Ways to Use Vegetables book
- 9/10: 20% oﬀ Popsalot Popcorn’s online store
- 9/11: Frescados Tortillas Facebook giveaway
- 9/12: Buy-two-get-one-free deal on InHarvest product
- 9/13: Homefree Facebook giveaway
- 9/14: $1 oﬀ select Bob’s Red Mill whole grain products online
- 9/15: $1 oﬀ select Bob’s Red Mill whole grain products in-store
- 9/16: Whole Grains Council exclusive bundle
- 9/17: 15% oﬀ sprouted red wheat grain and ﬂour at To Your Health Sprouted Flour Company
- 9/18: Ozery Bakery Instagram & Twitter giveaway
- 9/19: Good Citizens Instagram giveaway
- 9/20: Familia Twitter recipe contest
- 9/21: 10% oﬀ Freekehlicious product on Amazon
- 9/22: 25% oﬀ at La Tapatia Tortilleria’s online store
- 9/23: 10% oﬀ our Whole Grains Around the World menu-plan book
- 9/24: 20% oﬀ The Teﬀ Company’s Maskal Teﬀ
- 9/25: 20% oﬀ House-Autry Mills whole grain products
- 9/26: 15% oﬀ Whole Grains 101 poster
- 9/27: Familia Twitter recipe contest
- 9/28: $3 oﬀ The Essential Home-Ground Flour Book from The Bread Beckers
- 9/29: Buy our Whole Grains Around the World book, get 20% oﬀ our 12 Ways to Use Vegetables book
- 9/30: Lundberg Family Farms Facebook giveaway
How we celebrated: We hosted a #SPOTWHOLEGRAINS contest on Instagram for a chance to win $500
To celebrate Whole Grains Month, we hosted an Instagram contest all month long! Consumers spotted whole grains at ballparks, local restaurants, BBQs, airports, and in their own kitchens. They followed us @Oldways_pt on Instagram and used the hashtag #SpotWholeGrains when they posted photos the whole grains they were enjoying. One of our participants won a $500 gift card and another recieved a free copy of our Whole Grains Around the World menu plan book. Complete contest rules were outlined on our site.
Take Our “GUESS THE GRAINS” QUIZ
What Else can you do to Celebrate?
- Cook something new from our Whole Grains Around the World menu-plan book— Embark on a month-long journey through the whole grain traditions of the Mediterranean, African, Latin, and Asian cuisines. Try over 70 recipes featuring amaranth, oats, teﬀ, wild rice, and more.
- Browse our FREE handouts — From the truth about grain-free and gluten-free diets, to the sustainability beneﬁts of whole grains, to easy whole grain recipes, we have a handout suited for any audience.
- Get whole grain posters, buttons, & stickers — We oﬀer buttons, stickers and posters at cost to commercial ventures – and free to nonproﬁts and educational groups.
- Host your own whole grain trivia contest — This FREE kit comes with downloadable questions and answers, so that you can host your own trivia contest or populate a “spin-the-wheel” quiz
- Lead a whole grain grocery store tour— We’ve created a versatile education program, designed especially for supermarkets and for Whole Grains Month. Available in English and Spanish
- Use our “dozen ways to celebrate” list— Post this list of easy actions on your fridge and try as many as you can this month. This is a fun, simple way to try something new and incorporate more whole grains into your diet.
Previous Whole Grains Month Celebrations (2011 — 2017)
Click here for details on our previous years’ Whole Grains Month celebrations.