- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Prep time35 minutes
3 ounces guanciale, cut into small dice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Red pepper ﬂakes to taste
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
2 cans good quality Italian plum tomatoes, hand-crushed
1 pound spaghetti, bucatini, or other long pasta (preferably whole grain)
Pecorino Romano and/or Parmigiano Reggiano, grated, to taste
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and guanciale; cook until golden brown.
- Stir in the red pepper ﬂakes and cook until just fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer gently, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain the pasta and add directly to the sauce. Toss together until the pasta is well coated and top with grated cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Formaggio Kitchen, photo ©Massimiliano Gallo-Fotolia.com