- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time10 minutes
Total time1 hour 10 minutes
Serving Size1 burger
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup ﬁnely chopped mushrooms
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup cooked quinoa
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium beet (raw), ﬁnely grated
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp smoked paprika
¼ cup raw walnuts, crushed or ground into a loose meal
4 small whole wheat pitas
Optional for serving: avocado slices, spinach, blue cheese, or goat cheese
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and cook until slightly browned and fragrant – about 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans with the mushrooms.
- Add the quinoa, beets, spices, and walnuts, and stir.
- Form into 4 large patties, then set in the fridge to chill while your oven preheats to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, gently ﬂipping at the halfway mark.
- Serve each burger in a whole wheat pita. Feel free to garnish with other toppings, like avocado slices, mixed greens, or cheese.
An Oldways Whole Grains Council recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
(adapted from The Minimalist Baker)
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Sugar: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe