- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time30 minutes
Total time30 minutes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
¼ lb. white or brown mushrooms, stemmed and diced
4 teaspoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 tsp. dried
2 cloves garlic, crushed or ﬁnely chopped
1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted in a dry sauté pan
2 tablespoons dry sherry
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups cooked wild rice
- Heat oil over medium heat in 8” frying pan. Sauté onions until soft and beginning to turn golden brown, about 8 -10 minutes. Add the mushrooms, turn the heat up and sauté until all the moisture from the mushrooms is absorbed.
- Turn heat down; add thyme, garlic, pine nuts and sherry. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook gently to let ﬂavors meld together and all liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix the wild rice, the onion mixture and the beaten eggs.
- In an 8” non-stick frying pan melt 1 teaspoon butter. Add one fourth of the wild rice mixture. Flatten down so you have a round about ½ “ in thickness. Cook over medium high heat until set. Flip over and cook until golden. Slide onto a plate and hold in a warm oven.
- Repeat until you have four rounds.
Recipe and photo courtesy of California Wild Rice Advisory Board
Total Fat: 13 g
(Saturated Fat: 4 g)
Sodium: 150 mg
Carbohydrate: 25 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 10 g.