- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time30 minutes
Total time30 minutes
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ¼-inch slices
¼ cup sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups mixed vegetables (such as sliced carrots, broccoli ﬂorets, bell pepper strips, pea pods, and/or sliced cabbage)
2 tablespoons water
2 cups cooked brown rice, warm
⅓ cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro (optional)
¼ cup prepared orange ginger or classic stir-fry sauce
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skilled over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken strips. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is browned (or until the chicken or turkey is hot if you are using leftover poultry). Remove and set aside.
- Add green onions and garlic to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables. Cook and stir until the vegetables are crisp tender, about 3 to 4 minutes (or until they are heated through if you are using leftover vegetables). Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Beat the eggs and water together. Pour the eggs into the skillet. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan. Continue cooking until the eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Add the brown rice, basil, stir-fry sauce, reserved chicken and vegetables to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
To use up leftovers from a previous meal use cooked chicken or turkey in place of the raw chicken breast and use whatever cooked vegetables you have on hand.
For Vegetable and Egg Unfried Brown Rice simply delete the chicken and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Egg Nutrition Center.
Saturated Fat: 2g
; Sodium: 275mg