- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time20 minutes
Total time20 minutes
1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
¼ cup chopped zucchini
1 tablespoon low-fat milk
¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
Dash of salt and generous grinds of black pepper
½ tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
½ cup cooked brown rice
2 tablespoons canned cannellini beans
¼ cup sliced grape tomatoes
1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- In a small skillet, heat ½ teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, until beginning to turn golden, about 2-3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove zucchini from pan.
- Beat eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- In the same small skillet, heat ½ teaspoon oil over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Sprinkle basil over eggs. Gently fold eggs a few more times until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl (the same bowl in which you plan to construct your Breakfast Bowl) microwave the rice with 1 tablespoon water until hot, about 30 seconds.
- To assemble, top rice with eggs, beans, tomatoes, cooked zucchini and cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Serena Ball, MS, RD for the Egg Nutrition Center. Photo courtesy of the Egg Nutrition Center.
Saturated Fat: 5g