- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time30 minutes
Total time45 minutes
Serving Size1/4 recipe
1 cup short grain sprouted brown rice
1-2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup white wine
1 medium zucchini, grated
½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
salt & pepper to taste
- In a small pot, bring the rice and 3-4 cups of water to a boil. Let boil for 15 minutes, then drain oﬀ any excess water and set aside (the rice will be nearly cooked at this point).
- In a small pot, heat the broth until it is hot, but not boiling, then reduce to a simmer.
- In a medium or large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the parboiled rice and stir for about 1 minute to coat with oil. Add the wine, and stir continuously until the liquid has absorbed and the wine has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add ⅓ cup of the warm broth the rice mixture, and stir continuously until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this process a few times, until the mixture becomes creamy (I used about 1 cup of broth over a 15-20 minute period). Periodically taste the rice to check the texture and adjust seasonings. If hard and undercooked, continue adding broth.
- Once the broth has been absorbed and rice reaches desired texture, add the zucchini and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir to combine, then continue stirring until the mixture has thickened up a bit (you may want to add one more splash of broth) and reached a desired texture, about 5 minutes depending on preference. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
An Oldways Whole Grains Council recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Sugar: 2g (Added Sugar: 0g)