- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time25 minutes
Total time25 minutes
Serving Size1/4 recipe
2 tablespoons butter, divided
3 eggs, whisked
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 small white onion, diced
½ cup frozen peas
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups cooked and chilled sprouted brown rice
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
½ teaspoon toasted seasme oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a lagre saute pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas and garlic, and other veggies of your choice and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft.
- Increase heat to high, add in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Immediately add the rice, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using), and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil until combined. Serve immediately.
- Plan ahead and use thoroughly-chilled cooked sprouted brown rice. Cold rice will fry better.
- Add extra veggies! We love to add broccoli, squash, and eggplant.
- Use high heat. This will help fry and brown the rice and veggies well, and will prevent the rice from steaming in the pan and sticking together too much.
Recipe and photo courtesy of To Your Health Sprouted Flour Company.
Total Fat: 19g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Sugar: 4g
Added Sugar 0g