- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time20 minutes
Total time2 hours
YieldOne 2-pound loaf or 12 rolls
4 tablespoons room-temperature butter
4 tablespoons room-temperature maple syrup
1 ½ cups room-temperature water
4 cups sprouted whole wheat ﬂour
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons yeast
Bread, in Bread Machine:
- Place the wet ingredients in a bread maker and add the dry ingredients on top, ending with the yeast.
- Set the program for the basic rapid cycle and press Start.
Bread, by Hand:
- If you prefer to mix by hand, place the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add the wet ingredients. Mix until the dough comes together and forms a rough ball.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead about 8 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Grease the bowl with olive oil and return dough to bowl. Cover with a dry dish towel and let rise in a warm place until double, about one hour.
- Punch down the dough, form it into a loaf, and place in a greased loaf pan. Let rise again, until double. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 35-38 minutes and test for doneness (see below). Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Rolls, by Machine or by Hand:
- Set the program for the dough setting on the machine, or mix by hand, as above.
- Let dough rise until double; punch it down.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces and form them into 12 rolls.
Bake for 15-18 minutes and test for doneness.
Baking times will vary depending on size of the loaf, oven and weather. To test a full loaf, give the bottom of the loaf a ﬁrm thump with your thumb. The bread will sound hollow when it’s done. Or insert an instant read thermometer into the center to test for a ﬁnished temperature of about 190°F.
Total Fat: 4.5g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Total Sugars: 4g (Added Sugar: 4g)