- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time10 minutes
Total time30 minutes
3 tablespoons canola oil
½ cup pure maple syrup
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (regular or Greek)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ⅓ cups whole wheat pastry ﬂour
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and prepare a 12-cup standard muﬃn tin with spray, butter and ﬂour, or paper baking cups.
- Measure the oil into a measuring cup, then add the maple syrup. (The syrup slips easily from the measuring cup due to the oil.) Pour oil and syrup into a large bowl, then add yogurt, egg and vanilla. Beat vigorously with a spoon or whisk until everything is well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all dry ingredients except the blueberries. Then stir the dry ingredients and the blueberries into the wet ingredients, until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muﬃn tin, ﬁlling each cup just short of the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until tops are browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
An Oldways Whole Grains Council recipe and photo.
NutritionNutrition Facts (per muﬃn): Calories: 164
Fat: 5g (1g saturated fat)