- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Prep time10 minutes
Total time30 minutes
3 tablespoons canola oil
½ cup pure maple syrup
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (regular or Greek)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ⅓ cups whole wheat pastry ﬂour
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F, and prepare a 12-cup standard muﬃn tin with spray, butter and ﬂour, or paper baking cups.
2. Measure the oil into a measuring cup, then add the maple syrup. (The syrup slips easily from the measuring cup due to the oil.) Pour oil and syrup into a large bowl, then add yogurt, egg and vanilla. Beat vigorously with a spoon or whisk until everything is well mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all dry ingredients except the blueberries. Then stir the dry ingredients and the blueberries into the wet ingredients, until just moistened. Do not overmix!
4. Spoon the batter into the muﬃn tin, ﬁlling each cup just short of the top.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until tops are browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
An Oldways Whole Grains Council recipe and photo.