- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time30 minutes
Total time1 hour 30 minutes
Serving Size1/8 recipe
2 cups whole wheat ﬂour
½ tablespoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup olive oil
⅔ cup water
1 small red onion, ﬁnely chopped
3 cups ﬁrmly packed, chopped leafy greens (such as kale or spinach)
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
½ teaspoon salt
5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (we prefer the feta packed in brine for this recipe)
¾ cups plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup chopped peanuts, divided
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Set oven to 400°F. Mix the ﬂour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the oil and rub the mixture between your hands until it reaches a breadcrumb like consistency. Add the water and mix until well combined, then cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Put the red onion, greens, and dill in a large colander and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt. Knead with wet hands to wilt the greens, then rinse lightly with warm water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the green mixture with the feta, yogurt, 2 tablespoons of the crushed peanuts and pepper. Then stir in the egg.
- Oil a pie pan. Take ⅔ of the dough (it will be a little sticky) and roll it out into a large circle, then place the circle into the baking dish, letting the dough drape over the edges a bit.
- Fill dough-lined pan with greens mixture. Roll out the remaining ⅓ of dough into a large circle, and place over greens mixture, pinching the edges together to seal the top and bottom crusts.
- Use a fork to poke steam holes on the top of the pie. Brush the top of the pie crust with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoons crushed peanuts. Bake for 45 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.
An Oldways recipe and photograph, created in Partnership with The Peanut Institute, peanut-institute.org
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Total Sugar: 1g (Added Sugar: 0g)