- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time25 minutes
Total time45 minutes
Yield8 servings (16 tacos)
8 oz. tri-color quinoa, dry (or use red or white)
2 cups. vegetable broth
10 oz. green cabbage, shredded
1½ cups Mexican crema (or 50/50 mayo and sour cream)
2 fresh limes for juice
1 large dried ancho chile, stem and seeds removed, soaked in water to rehydrate
1 bunch cilantro leaves
Salt, to taste
2 lbs. mahi mahi ﬁllets, boneless
Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
¼ cup ﬁsh rub
16 6-in. corn tortillas
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
½ small red onion, thin slices
- Cook quinoa in broth per package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Combine quinoa with shredded green cabbage; reserve.
- To a food processor, add crema, lime juice, ancho chile, cilantro and salt. Process until well blended. Chill and reserve.
- Rub ﬁsh with olive oil, followed by ﬁsh rub of choice. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes before grilling.
- Grill ﬁsh over medium heat on each side until ﬁllets are just cooked through. Flake and reserve for service.
- For each taco: Lightly grill 2 corn tortillas.
- Lay 1 tortilla over the other and spread 1½ oz. quinoa/cabbage mixture over the top. Top mixture with 2 oz. grilled ﬁsh. Garnish with sliced avocado, sliced onion and ancho-lime crema.
Recipe and photo courtesy of InHarvest. For more great recipes, visit InHarvest’s website.
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe