- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time10 minutes
Total time35 minutes
⅔ cup red lentils, rinsed
⅔ teﬀ grain, ivory
4 cups water
1⅔ cups coconut milk
1 cup sliced onions
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons curry powder
1 ½ cups sliced carrots
1 ½ cups chopped mustard greens
⅔ cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
3 tablespoon ghee, melted
- Combine the lentils, teﬀ, water, coconut milk, onions, and curry powder in a 6-quart soup pot.
- Stir everything together, cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the red lentils dissolve and the teﬀ is tender.
- Add carrots; simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are bright orange.
- Stir in mustard greens, cilantro, and salt. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Melt ghee in a small fry pan. Ladle stew into bowls and serve drizzled with ghee.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Teﬀ Company. Recipe developed by Leslie Cerier.