- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time20 minutes
Total time55 minutes
Serving Size1/4 recipe
1 head cauliﬂower
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ + ⅛ teaspoon salt, divided
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
1 cup uncooked whole grain farro
juice of 1 lemon
⅛ teaspoon pepper
⅓ cup dried cherries, preferably unsweetened
3 tablespoons pine nuts (or other nut)
¼ cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop cauliﬂower into bite-sized ﬂorets.
- Dab the chickpeas dry with a paper towel, then toss the chickpeas and cauliﬂower ﬂorets with 1 ½ tablespoons of the olive oil, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and the cumin. Spread the coated veggies in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, ﬂipping halfway through.
- While the veggies roast, add the farro to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Let cook at a low boil, adding water as needed if it gets low, for approximately 35 minutes, or until farro is tender and cooked.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, pepper, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, and remaining 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl.
- When the farro is cooked, drain oﬀ the excess liquid and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Toss in the cooked chickpeas and cauliﬂower and the lemon dressing, along with the dried cherries, pine nuts, and feta. Serve warm.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Sugar: 13g (Added Sugar: 0g)