- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time35 minutes
Total time1 hour
1 bunch scallions, sliced (white and green parts)
½ cup ﬁnely chopped, peeled fresh ginger (from about 2 palm-sized pieces ginger root)
¼ cup canola oil, divided
1 ½ teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
¾ teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sprouted brown rice
1 cup snow peas
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1 (8-oz) can water chestnuts, drained
- In a medium bowl, combine scallions, ginger, 3 tablespoons of the canola oil, soy sauce, and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and toss a few times until covered. Cover bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or overnight).
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Heat a large wok over medium high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil and tilt wok in a circular motion to oil the entire surface. Add the chicken to the wok, along with all of the marinade. Cook, tossing frequently, until chicken is no longer transluscent and begins to brown.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken mixture and continue cooking, until vegetables soften and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Serve over sprouted brown rice.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 19g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Sugar: 5g (Added Sugar: 0g)