- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time20 minutes
Total time20 minutes
4 cups rolled oats (you can also try rolled barley)
2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup sunﬂower seeds
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
¼ cup raisins
1 apple, grated
1 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat, nonfat, or keﬁr
½ cup walnuts, toasted
1 tablespoon raw, unbleached sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss together the oats, walnuts, sunﬂower seeds, olive oil, salt, and cinnamon and spread in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Toast until fragrant and slightly golden, 5 minutes. Let cool.
- While the muesli bakes, make the walnut crumble. Toss together the walnuts, sugar and a splash of water in a small pan over medium heat until the sugar caramelizes and glazes the walnuts lightly. Set aside to cool and roughly chop.
- Fill four bowls with ½ cup muesli each. Garnish with raisins, grated apple, and top with yogurt or keﬁr. Sprinkle each bowl with walnut crumble. Stir together and eat, with a touch of honey if desired.
- Note: The remaining muesli and crumble can be stored in an airtight container.
Recipe and photo courtesy of California Walnuts.
Total Fat: 25g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Review this Recipe