- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time5 minutes
Total time40 minutes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 medium zucchini, diced into 1” cubes
1 large yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups millet
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
3 cups water
1 tsp curry powder
1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, no salt added, rinsed and drained
¾ cup golden raisins (optional)
1. In a medium-sized pot, heat one tablespoon olive oil on medium heat. Add zucchini with salt and pepper to taste, stirring occasionally. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetable softens but retains slight crispness. Remove zucchini from pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, heat two tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onions are softened and translucent.
3. Add the millet to the pot, and toast for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the vegetable broth, water, and curry powder. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, checking occasionally.
5. When the millet is softened, turn oﬀ the heat and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Fluﬀ with fork, before adding zucchini, chickpeas, and raisins (if using). Season to taste with salt and pepper, and return to heat for 1 to 2 minutes to warm if necessary.
Saturated Fat: 1g