- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time15 minutes
Total time8 hours (including chill time)
Serving Size1 cup
1 ¾ cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
3 cups cubed or torn whole grain bread (crusts removed), preferably day-old
3 cups ice water, plus more if needed
½ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup white wine vinegar
½ cup halved green grapes
- Add the peanuts to the bowl of a high powered blender and blend until coarsely ground.
- Place bread pieces into a medium mixing bowl and cover with 1 cup of the water. Use your hands to make sure each piece of bread gets covered in water, then gently squeeze any excess water from the bread pieces and add them to the blender.
- Blend until the mixture is well combined, pausing the scrape down the sides, if needed. Add the olive oil and blend in the blender until it forms the consistency of a thick cream. Add the garlic cloves, salt, and vinegar to the blender and mix until combined. Pour in 2 cups of the ice water and blend, adding additional water to thin out if needed.
- Transfer the soup to a covered storage container and refrigerate until ready to serve. If the soup is too thick, thin it out with more ice water.
- Garnish with a handful of grape halves before serving chilled.
An Oldways recipe and photograph, created in Partnership with The Peanut Institute peanut-institute.org
Total Fat: 30g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Sugar: 4g (Added Sugar: 0g)