- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time5 minutes
Total time15 minutes
1 package whole wheat penne or similar pasta
4 cups broccoli ﬂorets
6 cloves garlic, sliced
Grated zest of two lemons
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 16-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained (cannellini or other)
1⁄2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shaved
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place broccoli on a nonstick baking sheet and roast broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1⁄2 cup pasta water.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beans and garlic; sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add pasta, pasta water, grated lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into eight bowls and top with roasted broccoli and cheese.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g