- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time10 minutes
Total time1 hour 45 minutes
1 (16 oz) box whole grain linguine
1 lb. heirloom tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsp. Romano cheese, grated
2 Tbsp. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
10 leaves fresh Italian parsley
10 leaves fresh basil
1 tsp. fresh oregano
1 packed Tbsp fresh tarragon
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 Tbsp. pistachios, chopped
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper; allow to drain in a colander for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto. Process the garlic, cheeses, nuts and herbs in a blender. Add the olive oil slowly while processing.
- Combine the pesto mixture and the tomatoes in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the linguine according to the package directions.
- Drain and toss with the tomatoes and pesto mixture before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Barilla. For more great whole grain pasta recipes, be sure to visit the Barilla homepage!
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat; 5g
Total Sugars: 5g (Added Sugar: 0g)