- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
A Whole Day For Whole Grain — March 29, 2023
We’ve been celebrating the goodness of whole grains in March for the past 11 years, and we can’t wait to do it again in 2023. We hope to inspire even more people to eat whole grains this year. Our Whole Day for Whole Grain event is an amazing celebration of the ﬂavors and health beneﬁts of whole grains, and we’ve got a wide variety of ideas for how you can participate and get involved. Keep reading to learn more about what we have in store for 2023 and look for #SampleWholeGrains on social media for a look back at past celebrations. We’d love to have you join us!
#SampleWholeGrains Social Media Contest
We’ll be asking participants to complete fun whole grain challenges. This is a great chance to learn a little more about whole grains and share this knowledge on your social media accounts. Each challenge completed will earn you a chance to win prizes.
Be sure to follow us @wholegrains_council on Instagram to participate in the challenges!
SHOW US YOUR WHOLE GRAINS
- Film a quick video (30-seconds or less!) with your phone as you sample a whole grain (see more tips here)
- Show us: the whole grain you are sampling, and the Whole Grain Stamp on the package that helped you know the amount of whole grain in the food (if applicable).
- Tell us: what whole grain you are trying, how to prepare it, what it tastes like, or what you like about it.
- Feeling too shy or too rushed to post a video? Share a photo instead!
- For best results: hold the phone horizontally <-> while recording your video.
- Upload to Instagram. Tag @wholegrains_council in the caption.
Download Our Whole Grain Shopping List
Ready to eat more whole grain foods? Here is a shopping list of Whole Grain Stamped products for inspiration!
Donate Whole Grains to Your Local Food Bank or Pantry
It’s been a challenging few years. The pandemic and rising food prices have exacerbated food insecurity, especially among families with children. This year we’d like to bring our communities a little closer by sharing the goodness of whole grains with those who need it most. We’re asking companies, organizations, and individual consumers alike to commit to donating whole grain product to their food charity of choice.
CHECK OUT Additional Resources
The links below provide ideas, inspiration, and supporting materials for other ways you can participate in this wildly popular annual event. We can’t wait to see you online for our next event on Wednesday, March 29, 2023!
Downloadable Resources to Help Implement Your WDWG Plans
The Whole Grains Council provides a full suite of resources for companies and organizations planning to take part in a Whole Day for Whole Grain.
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING RESOURCES
- Social Media Ideas & Sample Tweets - Be sure to use the hashtag #SampleWholeGrains, and tag us @OldwaysPT and @wholegrains_council
- Downloadable Graphics & Logos - Use our oﬃcial Whole Day for Whole Grain logo on your marketing materials. Other graphics (including social media sized ones) also included.
- Tips for Recording a WDWG Video for Social Media - Learn how to use video to bring your Whole Day for Whole Grain celebration to life.
- Event Flyer - If you’re hosting a live Whole Day for Whole Grain event, post this ﬂyer so that attendees know where they can get more information.
- How to Participate Online — 5 ways to use your blog or social media account to get involved in a Whole Day for Whole Grain.
QUIZZES, CONTESTS & Games
- Whole Grain Trivia Contest Kit - This FREE kit comes with downloadable questions and answers, so that you can host your own trivia contest or populate a “spin-the-wheel” quiz
- Guess the Grains Quiz - If you have internet access at your event, have visitors take our 10-question “Guess the Grains” Quiz. This is also a great tool if you have tablets (such as an iPad) at your booth/event.
- Whole Grain Word Search — Print copies of this word search to pass out at your event. Puzzle and answer key both included.
- Whole Grain Crossword — Pass out copies of this fun crossword so that visitors to your event have something to take home with them. Puzzle and answer key both included.
FREE HANDOUTS & GIVEAWAYS
- Browse our FREE Handouts - From the truth about grain-free and gluten-free diets, to the sustainability beneﬁts of whole grains, to easy whole grain recipes, we have a handout suited for any audience.
- Get whole grain posters, buttons, & stickers - We oﬀer buttons, stickers and posters at cost to commercial ventures – and free to nonproﬁts and educational groups.