- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
A Whole Day For Whole Grain — March 30, 2022
After ten years of celebrating Whole Grain Sampling Day in March, we’ve decided to give the event a new spin so that we can inspire even more people to eat whole grains. The event will continue to be an amazing celebration of the ﬂavors and health beneﬁts of whole grains, and we’re going to be oﬀering even more ways to participate. Keep reading to learn more about all the ways we celebrated in 2022 and look for #SampleWholeGrains on social media for a look back at past celebrations. We’d love to have you join us in 2023!
SHOW US YOUR WHOLE GRAINS
- Film a quick video (30-seconds or less!) with your phone as you sample a whole grain (see more tips here)
- Show us: the whole grain you are sampling, and the Whole Grain Stamp on the package that helped you know the amount of whole grain in the food (if applicable).
- Tell us: what whole grain you are trying, how to prepare it, what it tastes like, or what you like about it.
- Feeling too shy or too rushed to post a video? Share a photo instead!
- For best results: hold the phone horizontally <-> while recording your video.
- Upload to Instagram. Tag @wholegrains_council in the caption.
Download Our Whole Grain Shopping List
Ready to eat more whole grain foods? Check out this shopping list of Whole Grain Stamped products for inspiration!
Donate Whole Grains to Your Local Food Bank or Pantry
It’s been a challenging few years and the pandemic has exacerbated food insecurity, especially among families with children. This year we’d like to bring our communities a little closer by sharing the goodness of whole grains with those who need it most. We’re asking companies, organizations, and individual consumers alike to commit to donating whole grain product to their food charity of choice.
CHECK OUT Additional Resources
The links below provide ideas, inspiration, and supporting materials for other ways you can participate in this wildly popular annual event. We can’t wait to see you online for next year’s event on Wednesday, March 29, 2023!
Downloadable Resources to Help Implement Your WDWG Plans
The Whole Grains Council provides a full suite of resources for companies and organizations planning to take part in a Whole Day for Whole Grain.
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING RESOURCES
- Social Media Ideas & Sample Tweets - Be sure to use the hashtag #SampleWholeGrains, and tag us @OldwaysPT and @wholegrains_council
- Downloadable Graphics & Logos - Use our oﬃcial Whole Day for Whole Grain logo on your marketing materials. Other graphics (including social media sized ones) also included.
- Tips for Recording a WDWG Video for Social Media - Learn how to use video to bring your Whole Day for Whole Grain celebration to life.
- Event Flyer - If you’re hosting a live Whole Day for Whole Grain event, post this ﬂyer so that attendees know where they can get more information.
- How to Participate Online — 5 ways to use your blog or social media account to get involved in a Whole Day for Whole Grain.
QUIZZES, CONTESTS & Games
- Whole Grain Trivia Contest Kit - This FREE kit comes with downloadable questions and answers, so that you can host your own trivia contest or populate a “spin-the-wheel” quiz
- Guess the Grains Quiz - If you have internet access at your event, have visitors take our 10-question “Guess the Grains” Quiz. This is also a great tool if you have tablets (such as an iPad) at your booth/event.
- Whole Grain Word Search — Print copies of this word search to pass out at your sampling event. Puzzle and answer key both included.
- Whole Grain Crossword — Pass out copies of this fun crossword so that visitors to your event have something fun to take home with them. Puzzle and answer key both included.
FREE HANDOUTS & GIVEAWAYS
- Browse our FREE Handouts - From the truth about grain-free and gluten-free diets, to the sustainability beneﬁts of whole grains, to easy whole grain recipes, we have a handout suited for any audience.
- Get whole grain posters, buttons, & stickers - We oﬀer buttons, stickers and posters at cost to commercial ventures – and free to nonproﬁts and educational groups.