- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
whole grain sampling day 2021 IS FOR EVERYONE
On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 celebrate the ﬂavors and health beneﬁts of whole grains in honor of Whole Grain Sampling Day.
Be a part of the celebration! Connect virtually on social media with #SampleWholeGrains, and check out more ways to get involved below.
SHOW US YOUR WHOLE GRAINS
- Film a quick video (30-seconds or less!) with your phone as you sample a whole grain
- Show us: the whole grain you are sampling, and the Whole Grain Stamp on the package that helped you know the amount of whole grain in the food (if applicable).
- Tell us: what whole grain you are trying, how to prepare it, what it tastes like, or what you like about it.
- Feeling too shy or too rushed to post a video? Share a photo instead!
- For best results: hold the phone horizontally <-> while recording your video.
- Upload to Instagram. Tag @wholegrains_council in the caption.
Donate Whole Grains to Your Local Food Bank or Pantry
This has been such a challenging year and the number of people facing food insecurity has risen drastically. This year we’d like to bring our communities a little closer by sharing the goodness of whole grains with those who need it most. We’re asking companies, organizations, and individual consumers alike to commit to donation whole grain product to their food charity of choice. Sign up here (if you’re an individual) or here (if you’re representing a company or organization) so that we can map all the places these whole grains end up.
CHECK OUT Additional Resources
The links below provide ideas, inspiration, and supporting materials for other ways you can participate in this wildly popular annual event. We can’t wait to see you online on Wednesday, March 31!
Downloadable Resources to Help Implement Your WGSD Plans
The Whole Grains Council provides a full suite of resources for companies and organizations planning to take part in Whole Grain Sampling Day.
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING RESOURCES
- Social Media Ideas & Sample Tweets - Be sure to use the hashtag #SampleWholeGrains, and tag us @OldwaysPT
- Downloadable Graphics & Logos - Use our oﬃcial Whole Grain Sampling Day logo in your marketing materials. Other graphics (including social media sized ones) also included.
- Customizable Press Release - Download this customizable press release to announce your Whole Grain Sampling Day plans and build momentum.
- Event Flyer - Post this ﬂyer at your Whole Grain Sampling Day event so that attendees know where they can get more information.
- How to Participate Online — 5 ways to use your blog or social media account to get involved in Whole Grain Sampling Day.
QUIZZES, CONTESTS & Games
- Whole Grain Trivia Contest Kit - This FREE kit comes with downloadable questions and answers, so that you can host your own trivia contest or populate a “spin-the-wheel” quiz
- Guess the Grains Quiz - If you have internet access at your event, have visitors take our 10-question “Guess the Grains” Quiz. This is also a great tool if you have tablets (such as an iPad) at your booth/event.
- Whole Grain Word Search — Print copies of this word search to pass out at your sampling event. Puzzle and answer key both included.
- Whole Grain Crossword — Pass out copies of this fun crossword so that visitors to your event have something fun to take home with them. Puzzle and answer key both included.
FREE HANDOUTS & GIVEAWAYS
- Browse our FREE Handouts - From the truth about grain-free and gluten-free diets, to the sustainability beneﬁts of whole grains, to easy whole grain recipes, we have a handout suited for any audience.
- Get whole grain posters, buttons, & stickers - We oﬀer buttons, stickers and posters at cost to commercial ventures – and free to nonproﬁts and educational groups.
Previous Whole Grain Sampling Day Celebrations (2012-2020)
Check out how Whole Grain Sampling Day was celebrated during previous years, as you complete plans for your own Sampling Day partner activity:
- March 25, 2020
- March 27, 2019
- March 28, 2018
- March 29, 2017
- March 30, 2016
- April 1, 2015
- April 2, 2014
- April 3, 2013
- April 4, 2012