- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
What if there were one day when, everywhere you went, there were opportunities to try delicious whole grain foods?
You’d stop into the cafeteria at your workplace, and you’d be oﬀered a taste of quinoa salad. Your teenager would duck into a quick-serve restaurant, and they’d ask, “Would you like that on a whole grain wrap, instead of the usual bun?” In the park downtown, a food company would be passing out granola bars to joggers. At dinner, as you serve whole grain pasta to your family, your fourth-grader would report about the whole grain pizza in her school lunch.
Check out our video, below, to get inspired about Whole Grain Sampling Day.
Get inspired now for whole grain sampling day 2019
The next Whole Grain Sampling Day celebration is on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Check back soon more details.
2018 WGSD Media Buzz
- Students Participate in Whole Grain Sampling — National Culinary Review — May/June, 2018
- Students Taste a World of Whole Grains at Davidson College — InHarvest — April 4, 2018
- Students Sample Grains at Medway School — Metro West Daily News - April 4, 2018
- Whole Grain Sampling Day — Austin Daily Herald - March 31, 2018
- Life Long Learners Sample Whole Grains — Cindy’s Healthy Meals — March 28, 2018
- Saﬀron Valley Food and Wine Pairing — Salt Lake City Weekly - March 21, 2018
- Trump Wants to Roll Back Healthy Dietary Standards for School Lunches, but Some Local Schools Are Sticking With Obama’s Plan — IndyWeek.com — March 14, 2018
- Mark Your Calendars for Whole Grain Sampling Day – March 28 — Center for the Advancement of Foodservice Education — March 14, 2018
- Promote Healthy Eating with Whole Grains Sampling Day — Gourmet Retailer — February 2, 2018
- Seventh Annual Whole Grain Sampling Day An Opportunity To Increase Sales, Promote Healthy Eating — Perishable News — February 2, 2018
Previous Whole Grain Sampling Day Celebrations (2012-2018)
Check out how Whole Grain Sampling Day was celebrated during previous years, as you complete plans for your own Sampling Day partner activity:
- March 28, 2018
- March 29, 2017
- March 30, 2016
- April 1, 2015
- April 2, 2014
- April 3, 2013
- April 4, 2012
Learn How — and Why — to Take Part in Whole Grain Sampling Day 2019
Sign Up Oﬃcially as a WGSD Partner
Click here to ﬁll out our online WGSD Partners form. Right up through Sampling Day, we’ll list our partners’ plans and activities here on our website, to help drive traﬃc and media attention to your good ideas. Signing up is not required, but who doesn’t like free publicity? The sooner you sign up, the more visibility you get.
Downloadable Resources to Help Implement Your WGSD Plans
The Whole Grains Council provides a full suite of resources for companies and organizations planning to take part in Whole Grain Sampling Day.
Social Media & Marketing Resources
- Social Media Ideas & Sample Tweets — Be sure to use the hashtag #SampleWholeGrains, and tag us on Twitter @OldwaysPT
- Downloadable Graphics & Logos — Use our oﬃcial Whole Grain Sampling Day logo in your marketing materials. Other graphics (including social media sized ones) also included.
- Customizable Press Release — Download this customizable press release to announce your Whole Grain Sampling Day plans and build momentum.
- Event Flyer — Post this ﬂyer at your Whole Grain Sampling Day event so that attendees know where they can get more information.
Quizzes & Contests
- Whole Grain Trivia Contest Kit — This FREE kit comes with downloadable questions and answers, so that you can host your own trivia contest or populate a “spin-the-wheel” quiz
- Guess the Grains Quiz — If you have internet access at your event, have visitors take our 10-question “Guess the Grains” Quiz. This is also a great tool if you have tablets (such as an iPad) at your booth/event.
FREE Handouts & Giveaways
- Browse our FREE Handouts — From the truth about grain-free and gluten-free diets, to the sustainability beneﬁts of whole grains, to easy whole grain recipes, we have a handout suited for any audience.
- Get whole grain posters, buttons, & stickers — We oﬀer buttons, stickers and posters at cost to commercial ventures – and free to nonproﬁts and educational groups.