- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law and American English. You must be the age of majority or older. You are not authorized to enter this sweepstakes if you do not meet these criteria.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
1. Sweepstakes Period:
i. Sweepstakes Entry Period runs from 12:01:01 pm, Eastern Time (“ET”), August 1, 2017 (“Sweepstakes-Start”) to 11:59:59 pm, ET, September 30, 2017 (“Sweepstakes-End”).
ii. Random drawing of Grand Prize winner will be held on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:00 noon ET. Winners will be contacted within two business days of the drawing. Sponsor’s computer clock governs time stamp.
2. Eligibility of Entrants: You may enter the Sweepstakes if you are a legal U.S. resident of the United States including the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico and overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and overseas U.S. military installations), and are the age of majority or older in your state of residence at the time of entry. Void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, oﬃcers, trustees, directors, agents and representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of household of Oldways Preservation & Exchange Trust, d/b/a Oldways Whole Grains Council (“WGC” or “Sponsor) and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
3. Eligibility of qualifying charitable organizations. In order to be eligible for the random drawing, an entry must be made on behalf of a U.S.-based charitable organization, a primary mission of which is to address food insecurity, including (but not limited to) food pantries, soup kitchens and food banks.
You may only enter this Sweepstakes once during the Entry Period. An “Authorized User” of an email address is deﬁned as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized user of the email address. Entries must be sent electronically during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and received by 11:59:59 am, ET, September 30, 2017.
Alternative Entry. If you do not have internet access, you may enter by legibly printing the following information on a piece of paper:
The charitable organization you’re nominating
The organization’s website
City and state the organization is located in
Name and email of contact person at the charitable organization
Your full name, address, email (if any) and telephone
Send this information to:
Good Grains for a Good Cause
Oldways / Whole Grains Council
266 Beacon Street, Suite 1, Boston, MA 02116
Alternative entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and received by 11:59:59 am, ET, October 6, 2017.
5. No Purchase Necessary. No purchase is required in order to participate in this Sweepstakes.
6. Submission Limitations and Rights: By entering this Sweepstakes, you explicitly
(i) certify that you and the organization you’re nominating meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in these Oﬃcial Rules;
(ii) grant to the Sponsor the right to use and publish the biographical information that you provide (except street address, telephone number, and email address) in all media, including, but not limited to, online displays, television, cable, video productions, wireless applications and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, and for advertising, promotions, other Sweepstakes sponsored by the Sponsor and other purposes, without further consent or compensation, unless you are a resident of Tennessee or otherwise where prohibited by law;
(iii) agree that the Sponsor, or those acting on its behalf, may photograph and ﬁlm you and use such photographs and ﬁlm for any and/or all advertising, promotional, trade and other purposes and in all media, including, but not limited to, newspapers, magazines, online displays, television, cable, video productions, online access, wireless applications and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, without further consent or compensation, unless you are a resident of the state of Tennessee or otherwise where prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection: The judges will select a winner as follows: one winning organization will be selected at random from all eligible entries to receive the Grand Prize. The decision of the judges will be ﬁnal; no entrant will have the right to challenge the verdict and the judges will not engage in any conversation or explanation regarding their decision. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
8. Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Prizes: Grand Prize: A selection of at least 20 cases of whole grain foods, donated by manufacturers, will be sent directly to the winning charitable organization. The ARV of this prize is estimated at $750 or more.
9. In all prize awards, the winner will be responsible for all other expenditures not speciﬁcally mentioned in these Oﬃcial Rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that the prizes will be awarded “as is” and that the Sweepstakes Entities make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, concerning a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize. All prizes will be awarded if properly claimed according to the Oﬃcial Rules and if there are suﬃcient entries.
10. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Oﬃcial Rules, Sponsor’s Terms & Conditions and privacy policies and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or garbled entries, for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time or if entry or information is not captured correctly, or for any technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination, network, human error, including errors by Sponsor’s employees/agents in handling information, electronic malfunctions, force majeure or any other problems; and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. Sponsor assumes no liability for damage caused to entrant’s or any other person’s/entity’s computer device, hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computing device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as script, bot, macro or any other similar software or program. All discovered entries made in violation of these Oﬃcial Rules will be discarded. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate/cancel or modify the entering procedure or disqualify any entrant if, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, it determines that the integrity or fairness of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention (hacking), fraud, technical failures, force majeure or any other cause. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated/cancelled, the Prizes may not be awarded.
11. By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their shareholders, trustees, successors, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all “costs”, which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of veriﬁcation and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorney’s fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The Grand Prize winning organization will be sent an Aﬃdavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release via email and will be required to complete the Aﬃdavit, have it notarized and return it within three (3) business days. Failure to do so may cause the prize to be forfeited and another winner may be chosen at random by the judges. The right to receive the prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, transfer or exchange will be allowed except by Sponsor. A prize or prize notiﬁcation that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and another random entry will be chosen to receive the prize, providing s/he complies with these Oﬃcial Rules.
12. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and eﬀect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease oﬀering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Oﬃcial Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes are winners’ responsibility and a 2017 Form 1099 will be issued to the First Prize winner for the value of the prize.
13. Sweepstakes Entities and all production and hosting agencies shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Oﬃcial Rules. This Sweepstakes is conducted in American English.
15. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Oﬃcial Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Suﬀolk County, Massachusetts, and all entrants agree to Suﬀolk County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conﬂict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ or experts’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
16. For a Winners List — available on or about October 30, 2017 send a hand-printed, self addressed, suﬃciently stamped, #10, business envelope to Winner — Good Grains for a Good Cause, Oldways, 266 Beacon St. Suite 1, Boston MA 02116 USA. Requests must be received by November 15, 2017. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests allowed; only one (1) request per outer mailing envelope.
17. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Oldways Preservation & Exchange Trust, d/b/a Whole Grains Council, 266 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02116. Prizes donated by participating manufacturers. Oldways Preservation & Exchange Trust, d/b/a Oldways Whole Grains Council is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act agent.