- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time25 minutes + optional chilling
For the slaw:
8 ounces black quinoa
2 cups water
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 cup snap peas, bias cut
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup scallions, bias cut
1 mango, diced small
½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
For the dressing:
½ cup orange juice
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
¼ cup sesame oil
- Rinse black quinoa under cold water until water runs clear. Place black quinoa in boiling water and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha sauce. Slowly whisk in sesame oil to create an emulsion. Set aside to incorporate ﬂavors in dressing.
- In a large bowl combine black quinoa, red cabbage, snap peas, carrots, scallions, mango, and cilantro.
- Fold in dressing and let chill in fridge. When ready to serve, garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Can’t get black quinoa? Substitute any color quinoa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of InHarvest.