- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time20 minutes
Total time45 minutes
Yield6 large muffins
Serving Size1 muffin
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie ﬁlling)
½ cup canola oil
¼ cup molasses (not blackstrap)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups Carol’s Sorghum Blend (see below)
½ cup cream of buckwheat cereal
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 ½ tsp. xanthan gum
¾ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground allspice
¼ cup chopped raw pumpkin seeds
¼ cup ﬁnely chopped crystallized ginger
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 ½ tsp. water
1 Tbsp molasses (not blackstrap)
Carol’s Sorghum Blend
1 ½ cups sorghum ﬂour
1 ½ cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca ﬂour
Whisk together Carol’s Sorghum Blend and store, tightly closed, in a dark, dry place.
For the Muﬃns:
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Generously grease the cups of a jumbo 6-cup nonstick (gray, not black) muﬃn tin or line them with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer on low speed until light yellow and frothy, about 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin, oil, molasses and vanilla and beat just until blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients until the batter is smooth and slightly thickened. Stir in the pumpkin seeds and ginger. Divide the batter evenly in the muﬃn pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the muﬃn tops are ﬁrm and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool the muﬃns in the pan 10 minutes. Transfer the muﬃns to a wire rack.
For the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, blend the powdered sugar, water, and molasses until smooth. With a small spatula or knife, spread the glaze over each muﬃn. Serve warm.
Carol Fenster is the author of the award-winning “1,000 Gluten Free Recipes.”
Total Fat: 22g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Sugar: 74g (Added Sugar: 71g)
Review this Recipe