- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time20 minutes
Total time1 hour 20 minutes
Serving Sizeone 2-inch round cookie
¾ cup (170g) butter or trans-fat free margarine, softened
¾ cup (165g) packed brown sugar
2 egg yolks
1 ½ cups (180g) whole wheat or whole spelt ﬂour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup (170g) bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
½ cup (75g) dried cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine with the brown sugar until well combined. Stir in egg yolks and salt until smooth.
- Sprinkle with ﬂour and baking soda. Mix until a stiﬀ dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips or chunks and cherries.
- Form into a 3-inch thick log and refrigerate at least one hour or over night.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C or gas mark 4). Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray. Cut dough log into ¼-inch cookies and place on the cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies begin to ﬁrm. Cool on cookie sheet 3-4 minutes then remove to a wire rack. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Chef Jennifer Iserloh, who is founder and president of Skinny Chef Culinary Services, where healthy living means happy living.