- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time30 minutes
Total time1 hour
Serving Size1/4 recipe
¾ cup brown, purple or red rice
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, washed, dried, and sliced
1 bunch kale, stems removed, and leaves chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
3 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Add rice to a medium pot and ﬁll halfway with cool water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover the pot with a lid and cook the rice for 45 minutes without lifting the lid. Remove the pot from the burner, leaving the lid on the pot. Let rest an additional 10 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, in a medium pan, heat olive oil on medium high until hot. Add butter and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned and slightly softened.
- Add the kale and garlic to the mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant and the kale is slightly wilted.
- Add ½ cup of water to the vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes, or until the kale has wilted completely and the water has cooked oﬀ.
- Transfer vegetables and rice to a serving bowl along with the chopped sage, roasted almonds, and sherry vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Serve warm.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Ralston Family Farms.
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Sugar: 1g
Added Sugar: 0g