- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time15 minutes
Total time1 hour
Serving Size1 bowl
2.5 cups water
1 ¼ cups grain blend such as oat groats, sorghum, and wild rice (grains in blend should all require the same length of cooking, or should be added to the pot at diﬀerent intervals depending on how long they will need to cook relative to the other grains being used)
3 tablespoons miso
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups kale
1 cup yogurt, plain, whole milk
⅔ tablespoon sesame oil
8 scallions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons togarashi (optional, may substitute salt and pepper)
- Bring water to a boil. Do not add salt.
- Add grain blend and cook according to package instructions, until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the miso paste, adding hot water, if necessary, to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Boil or steam the eggs for 6 minutes. Yolk will be bright orange and a bit runny. Peel the eggs.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add garlic and cook brieﬂy. Add kale and saute until tender.
- To serve, divide the grains between four bowls and top each with ½ cup of the kale.
- Cut the egg in half and place on top of the kale.
- Drizzle with yogurt and sesame oil and sprinkle with scallions. Top with togarashi (optional).
Recipe and photo courtesy of InHarvest.
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Sugar: 6g
Added Sugar 0g