- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time15 minutes
Total time20 minutes
Serving Size1/8 recipe
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
⅓ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, lightly toasted
⅔ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
½ cup extra virgin olive oil (preferably Ligurian)
1 pound whole grain spaghetti
- Grind the garlic and coarse salt in the food processor.
- Add the basil leaves and process until a thick paste forms.
- Add the peanuts, Parmigiano Reggiano and extra virgin olive oil.
- Taste to adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Cook the pasta al dente, as per instructions on the box.
- Serve with the pesto, adding extra virgin olive oil, if needed.
An Oldways recipe and photograph, created in Partnership with The Peanut Institute peanut-institute.org
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Sugar: 2g (Added Sugar: 0g)