- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time15 minutes
Total time1 hour 45 minutes
Yield1 dozen muffins
Serving Size1 muffin, made with blueberries, 90g
2 cups (240g) white whole wheat ﬂour
½ cup (60g) unbleached all-purpose ﬂour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons (½ stick or 57g) unsalted butter
1 cup (225g) sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (230g) sour cream
1 ½ cups (220g) fresh or frozen berries or diced stone fruits (such as peaches or plums) of your choice
Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Lightly grease a muﬃn tin, or line with papers and coat the papers with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the ﬂours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and ﬂuﬀy and almost white in color. Scrape down the bowl to make sure all the butter is incorporated, then turn the mixer back on and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and sour cream, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing on low speed just until the batter is smooth. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl once more, to be sure everything is evenly combined. Gently fold in the fruit and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C or gas mark 6). Scoop the batter by the ¼-cupful into the prepared pan and sprinkle with sugar or other topping. Bake the muﬃns until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 26 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the muﬃns to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn them out onto a rack to ﬁnish cooling.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The King Arthur Flour Company. ©2006 The King Arthur Flour Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Sugars: 1g (Added Sugar: 17g)