- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
The King Arthur Flour Learn Bake Share Bread Baking Program is available during the school year to student populations between 50-200 people in grades 4-7. Baking is a great hands-on way for kids to learn math, science, and cultural traditions, all while having fun. Through their free Baking Program, King Arthur Flour has taught more than 90,000 school children how to bake bread. In turn, they’ve shared this bread with local food pantries and senior centers.
How does the program work?
King Arthur Flour’s Learn Bake Share Bread Baking Program is available to schools free of charge. We present one or more 50-minute assemblies for students — a fun combination of baking science, technique and bread-making know-how — and provide everything necessary for each student to make two loaves of bread at home: all-purpose and white whole wheat ﬂour, yeast, a recipe booklet, and even bread bags and twist ties! Students keep one loaf to enjoy at home and bring the other back to school to donate to a community organization chosen by your school.
What does the school do?
- Enthusiastically supports and promotes the KAF Learn Bake Share Bread Baking Program
- Coordinates the assembly arrangements and use of classroom training materials
- Notiﬁes parents and the community about the Learn Bake Share Bread Baking Program
- Selects students to assist the instructor before, during, and after the presentation
- Assists the instructor with set up and clean up
- Distributes ingredients and materials to students for bread baking at home
- Designates a local organization to receive the bread donations and coordinates bread delivery
How can I get more information?
To ﬁnd out how to get your school involved, visit KingArthur’s website, call 802-526-1837 or email learnbakeshare@kingarthurﬂour.com.