- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
This year our annual Whole Grain Sampling Day has a whole new twist and we can’t wait to get you involved. In years past, this celebration has meant an opportunity for folks to try new whole grain foods at hundreds of live tasting events, workshops, and cooking demonstrations around the country. Since those who can are staying safe at home right now and live events and gatherings aren’t something that’s possible, we’re taking our celebration online and cooking up some fun activities that can be done from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Here’s how you can join in on March 31, 2021:
Video Challenge: Show Us Your Whole Grains. Film a 30-second video with your phone as you sample a whole grain.
- Show us: the whole grain you are sampling and the Whole Grain Stamp on the package that helped you know the amount of whole grain in the food (if applicable).
- Tell us: what whole grain you are trying, how to prepare it, what it tastes like, or what you like about it.
- Feeling to shy or too rushed to post a video? Share a photo instead!
- For best results: hold the phone horizontally <-> while recording your video.
- Upload to Instagram. Tag @wholegrains_council and use #SampleWholeGrains in the caption.
- Food Drive Campaign. This year we’d like to bring our communities a little closer by sharing the goodness of whole grains with those who need it most. Sign up to donate whole grain items to your local food bank or other food-related charity of choice.
- You choose what and how much to donate.
- You choose where to send it.
- We’ll add your donation to our map to show all the places where whole grains are being shared. Click here to sign up to donate.
- Make a New Whole Grain Recipe. This is the perfect opportunity to do something new with a grain you already love or branch out and try a grain you haven’t had the chance to cook with before. Looking for a great way to use amaranth, freekeh, or millet? We’ve got a wide selection of recipes to get you started.
- Test Your Whole Grain Knowledge . Host a virtual trivia contest with friends and family, take our Guess the Grains Quiz, or print out our whole grain word search and crossword. Post a whole grain fact you learned on social media and use #SampleWholeGrains.