- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
It’s almost September and you all know what that means, right? Whole Grains Month! Our annual campaign is a time to share recipes, learn about health beneﬁts, improve kitchen skills with easy whole grain cooking tips, and explore all the ways that whole grains give back – to our planet, to our bodies, and to our taste buds.
There are so many ways to get in the whole grain spirit and celebrate right along with us. Here are three ways you can participate:
#1: Join our daily whole grain contest!
Throughout the month of September, we’ll be asking contest participants to complete fun, daily whole grain challenges. Contest challenges will include activities like posting about your favorite whole grain on social media or celebrating Taco Tuesday using whole grain tortillas. You’ll be able to ﬁnd the daily challenges on our website and on our social media channels, so make sure you’re following us!
With each challenge completed you will earn an entry to win one of our six grand prizes. Winners will receive a $100 cash prize, a rice cooker donated by USA Rice, and the opportunity to nominate their favorite food-based charity to receive cases of whole grain products from our participating Whole Grains Council member companies.
#2: Tune in for our special webinars and whole grain conversations with experts
Here’s what we have lined up throughout the month:
- Thursday, September 8th at 2pm ET – Expert Tips for Crave-Worthy Food Photography. In this webinar, experts will share best practices throughout the entire styling, photographing, and editing process using challenging-to-capture whole grain foods as a case study. Register Here.
- Friday, September 9th at 1pm ET – Instagram Live conversation with Serena Ball, MS, RD @tspcurry where we’ll have a conversation about whole grains’ role in sustainability and the Mediterranean Diet. Tune in @wholegrains_council.
- Wednesday, September 14th at 2pm ET – Instagram Live conversation with Samina Qureshi, RD @antidiet.ibs.dietitian where we’ll talk about whole grains and digestive health. Tune in @wholegrains_council.
- Wednesday, September 21 at noon ET - Instagram Live conversation with Elena Gutierrez Byrne @artisangraincollab about local grain economies. Tune in @wholegrains_council.
- Wednesday, September 21st at 2pm ET – The Secret’s Out: Sorghum Is the Sustainable Ancient Grain RDs Are Buzzing About. In this webinar, attendees will learn about the nutrition beneﬁts of whole grain sorghum, as well as the biological characteristics of this crop, which make it a sustainable option. Thank you to our friends at the United Sorghum Checkoﬀ Program for sponsoring this session! Register Here.
- Tuesday, September 27th at 2pm ET – Instagram Live conversation with Alex Aldeborgh, MS, RD @DaisyBeet where we’ll discuss whole grain recipes and tips. Tune in @wholegrains_council.
#3: Spread the word on social media
We hope you’ll join us on social media and help spread the word. Tell your followers about our contest, post pictures of your favorite whole grain foods and dishes, and tell us what you like most about eating whole grains. You can even download and use one of our cute Whole Grains Month graphics. Tag us on Instagram @wholegrains_council and use #WholeGrainsMonth so we can interact with your post!
Thank you to all those donating!
Many thanks to all our participating WGC member companies who will be donating 100+ cases of product to a winning charity at the end of September!
- Bluebird Grain Farms
- Canyon Bakehouse
- Carl Brandt and Mestemacher Bread
- Catallia Mexican Foods (Frescados Tortillas)
- Conifer Foods (Canterbury Naturals)
- Dave’s Killer Bread
- Goose Valley Natural Foods
- Lotus Foods
- Lundberg Family Farms
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- Riviana (Minute/Success Rice)
- Rockport Flour Mill (Coyote Pancake and Waﬄe Mix)
- Sunnyland Mills
- To Your Health Sprouted Flour Company
- USA Rice
We’re looking forward to all the festivities in September and can’t wait to see you online. Let us know in the comments what you’re most looking forward to. (Caroline)
To have our Oldways Whole Grains Council blog posts (and more whole grain bonus content!) delivered to your inbox, sign up for our monthly email newsletter, called Just Ask for Whole Grains.