- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Whole Grain Sampling Day is the day when our participating partners all plan their own activities and promotions, and each one is diﬀerent. Below, is what’s happening on or around Wednesday, March 27, 2019, partner by partner (in alphabetical order):
On Whole Grain Sampling Day, Baylor Scott & White will host a sampling event including nutrition education for their members and guests from the community. They will also schedule a cooking and nutrition session for program members.
Boise State University will celebrate Whole Grain Sampling Day with food samples, nutrition information, giveaways, and interactive games. They will also be highlighting all the existing whole grain dishes on their dining hall menus.
The Boston Public Market will be getting a head start on Whole Grain Sampling Day, hosting local chef Jason Bond of Bondir Restaurant in Cambridge for an evening cooking class on Monday, March 11. The menu will feature three courses, each highlighting the versatility and amazing taste of whole grain ingredients. Caroline Sluyter, of the Oldways Whole Grains Council, will provide a short introduction to the class, oﬀering a brief overview of the health beneﬁts and traditional uses of whole grains in cuisines around the world.
Boston University will get an early start on their Whole Grain Sampling Day celebration on Tuesday, March 26th, hosting a tabling event where students can look forward to talking with Registered Dietitians and Nutrition Ambassadors about the beneﬁts of whole grains and where to ﬁnd whole grains on campus. Students will also be invited to participte in taste-testing a whole grain recipe and there will be free whole grain samples available.
The Cherokee Nation A-Mo Health Center will host a tasting and sampling event for their patients.
The Cherokee Nation Cooweescoowee Health Center will host a sampling event for patients in their outpatient healthcare clinic.
D&W Fresh Market will celebrate with special Whole Grain Sampling Day events at select locations. See store for details.
- Breton Village: 1814 Breton Rd SE, Grand Rapids, MI
- Holland: 50 Douglas Ave, Holland, MI
- Kalamazoo: 2103 Parkview Ave, Kalamazoo, MI
Dan’s Supermarket in Bismark, ND (3103 Yorktown Dr) will host an in-store Whole Grain Sampling Day event. See store for details.
Select locations of Family Fare Supermarkets will celebrate with special Whole Grain Sampling Day events. See store for details.
- Battle Creek: 45 E Columbia Ave, Battle Creek, MI
- Metro: 2275 Health Dr SW, Wyoming, MI
- Midland: 2026 N Saginaw Rd, Midland, MI
- Traverse City: 4144 US 31 S, Traverse City, MI
- Northﬁeld: 601 Division St, Northﬁeld, MN
- West Center: 14444 W Center St, Omaha, NE
- Fargo: 1100 13th Ave E, West Fargo, ND
- East: 1516 E St Patrick St, Rapid City, SD
Family Fresh Market will celebrate with special Whole Grain Sampling Day events at select locations. See store for details.
- Kearney: 3920 Second Ave, Kearney, NE
- Hudson: 2351 Coulee Rd, Hudson, WI
On Whole Grain Sampling Day, Gypsy Cowgirl Kitchen will demo “meals in bowls,” highlighting whole grains at the following retail locations:
Hannaford will celebrate with special Whole Grain Sampling Day events at select locations. See store for details.
- Augusta: 118 Cony St, Augusta, ME
- Augusta: 29 Whitten Rd, Augusta, ME
- Bangor: 653 Broadway St, Bangor, ME
- Bangor: 1133 Union St, Aiport Mall, Bangor, ME
- Biddeford: 299 Elm St, Biddeford, ME
- Brunswick: 35 Elm St, Brunswick, ME
- Ellsworth: 255 High St, Ste 1, Ellsworth, ME
- Gorham: 99 Main St, Gorham, ME
- Kennebunk: 65 Portland Rd, Ste 9, Kennebunk, ME
- Lewiston: 692 Sabattus St, Lewiston, ME
- Old Town: 500 Stillwater Ave, Old Town, ME
- Oxford: 1603 Main St, Oxford, ME
- Portland: 295 Forest Ave, Portland, ME
- Scarborough: 31 Hannaford Dr, Rt 1, Scarborough, ME
- Topsham: 49 Topsham Fair Mall Rd, Topsham, ME
- Waterville: 140 Elm Plz, Waterville, ME
- Waterville: 190 JFK Plz, Kennedy Memorial Dr, Waterville, ME
- Wells: 107 Wells Plaza Rd, Wells, ME
- Westbrook: 7 Hannaford Dr, Westbrook, ME
- Chelmsford: 66-2 Drum Hill Shopping Center, Chelmsford, MA
- Dracut: 301 Pleasant St, Dracut, MA
- Leominster: 118 Lancaster St, Leominster, MA
- Leominster: 927 Merriam Ave, Twin City Plz, Leominster, MA
- Lowell: 777 Rogers St, Lowell, MA
- Lunenburg: 333 Mass Ave, Lunenburg Crossing, Lunenburg, MA
- Marlborough: 193 Boston Post Rd W, Rt 20, Marlborough, MA
- Middleboro: 8 Merchants Way, Middleboro, MA
- Taunton: 255 Joseph E. Warner Blvd, Taunton, MA
- Waltham: 55 Russell St, Waltham, MA
- Bedford: 7 Kilton Rd, Bedford, NH
- Concord: 73 Fort Eddy Rd, Concord, NH
- Dover: 833 Central Ave, Dover, NH
- Exeter: 141 Portsmouth Ave, Exeter, NH
- Goﬀstown: 605 Mast Rd, Goﬀstown, NH
- Londonderry: 6 Hampton Dr, Londonderry, NH
- Manchester: 201 John Devine Dr, Manchester, NH
- Manchester: 859 Hanover St, Manchester, NH
- Manchester: 79 Bicentennial Dr, Manchester, NH
- Nashua: 175 Coliseum Ave, Nashua, NH
- Portsmouth: 800 Islington St, Portsmouth, NH
- Albany: 900 Central Ave, Century II Mall, Albany, NY
- Ballston Lake: 43 Round Lake Rd, Ballston Lake, NY
- Cairo: 223 Main St, Cairo, NY
- Clifton Park: 19 Clifton Country Rd, Ste 16, Clifton Park, NY
- Colonie: 96 Wolf Rd, Windsor Plz, Colonie, NY
- Delmar: 180 Delaware Ave, Delmar, NY
- East Greenbush: 596 Columbia Tpke, East Greenbush, NY
- Glens Falls: 175 Broad St, Glens Falls, NY
- Glenville: 262 Saratoga Rd, Rt 50, Glenville, NY
- Guilderland: 5239 Western Tpke, Guilderland, NY
- Latham: 579 Troy-Schenectady Rd, Latham, NY
- New Hartford: 4593 Commercial Dr, New Hartford, NY
- Niskayuna: 3333 Consaul Rd, Niskayuna, NY
- Pawling: 162 Rt 22, Pawling, NY
- Queensbury: 190 Quaker Rd, Queensbury, NY
- Saratoga Springs: 95 Weibel Ave, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Wappingers Falls: 1490 Rt 9, Wappingers Falls, NY
- Essex Junction: 21A Essex Way, Essex Junction, VT
- South Burlington: 217 Dorset St, University Mall, South Burlington, VT
- South Burlington: 218 Hannaford Dr, South Burlington, VT
- Williston: 78 Marshall Ave, Williston, VT
Harmons will have a special Whole Grain Sampling Day event at select locations. See store for details.
- Bangerter Crossing: 125 13800 S, Draper, UT
- Brickyard: 3270 S 1300 E, Salt Lake City, UT
- City Creek: 135 E 100 S, Salt Lake City, UT
- St. George: 1189 E 700 S, St. George, UT
- Station Park: 200 N Station Pkwy, Farmington, UT
- Traverse: 1750 Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT
On Whole Grain Sampling Day, Nutrition Now will be hosting a community event focusing on wellness and the Mediterranean Diet.
On Whole Grain Sampling Day, the Culinary Studies Institute at Oakland Community College is putting together a special whole grain menu.
Oklahoma State University will be hosting an sampling event in celebration of Whole Grain Sampling Day. Campus Registered Dietitians from University Health Services and University Dining Services will host a Nutrition Awareness table in the Student Union and share about the beneﬁts of whole grains, oﬀer samples of one of the whole grain salads oﬀered on campus, and hand out product samples.
Select locations of ShopRite will celebrate with special Whole Grain Sampling Day events. See store for details.
- ShopRite of Hatﬁeld: 170 Forty Foot Rd, Hatﬁeld, PA
- ShopRite of Morrell Plaza: 9910 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- ShopRite of West Chester: 1115 W Chester Pike, West Chester, PA
- ShopRite of Jersey City: 400 Luis Marin Blvd, Jersey City, NJ
- ShopRite of Lincoln Park: 60 Beaver Brook Rd, Lincoln Park, NJ
- ShopRite of Lodi: 175 Main St, Lodi, NJ
- ShopRite of Northvale: 246 Livingston St, Northvale, NJ (Hosting WGSD event on Tuesday, March 26)
- ShopRite of Spotswood: 380 Summerhill Rd, Spotswood, NJ
- ShopRite of Monroe: 785 NY-17M, Monroe, NY
The SNAP-Ed Team at the Thurston County Food Bank in Olympia, WA will be hosting an event to celebrate Whole Grain Sampling Day. They will have whole grain items for their customers to take home and cook, plus samples of whole grain items in recipes that they can try.
On Whole Grain Sampling Day, the PTC Culinary Arts department will host a lesson on whole grains in its Healthy Foods and Nutrition class. Their lunch service will also feature whole grains on the menu.
The University of North Florida will be celebrating Whole Grain Sampling Day with an on-campus event. They expect about 200 students in attendence and will be oﬀering whole grain samples for students to try.
On Whole Grain Sampling Day, USC will have a whole grain education table at the campus farmers market, with free food samples and a whole grain trivia game.
UVM will be holding a Guess the Grain event in the student center on Whole Grain Sampling Day, with free samples of several grain salads available. They will also mark whole grain menu items available in the dining halls with a whole grain icon so that students can easily identify whole grains on the menu.
VG’s Grocery in Fenton, MI (18005 Silver Pkwy) will host an in-store Whole Grain Sampling Day event. See store for details.
The West Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is sponsoring an educational session reviewing whole grains, how to ﬁnd them locally, and how to prepare them in meals. The nationally-recognized registered dietitian nutritionist, Cindy Gay, will show dishes she made at home using a variety of cooking and baking techniques, and will demonstrate how to use a ﬂour mill. Attendees will be inspired to create dishes with new whole grain ingredients, and plan healthy plates with whole grains for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The 1.5 hour CEU session will conclude with a soup and salad meal.