- En Español
- About us
- Sign In
- For Members
Active time10 minutes
Total time1 hour
Serving Size1 slice - 1/16 loaf (101g)
2 large eggs
¼ cup molasses
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup granulated or brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry ﬂour
¾ cup unbleached all-purpose ﬂour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup shredded, unpeeled zucchini (1 small to medium)
¾ cup raisins (golden are nice)
¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly grease a standard 8 ½” by 4 ½” loaf pan, or line it with parchment. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, molasses, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ﬂours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the zucchini, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a wooden tester inserted in the center will come out clean). Remove the bread from the oven, and place on a rack to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and returning to the rack to cool completely.
Recipe and photo © 2009 The King Arthur Flour Company. All Rights Reserved.
Check out the King Arthur Flour Company website for other bakers’ comments on this recipe.
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Sugar: 15g (Added Sugar: 10g)